We’ve all read from the Bible before (we hope!). Reading the Bible is great way to unwind at the end of a long day. It’s also a great way to begin your day. We’re not fooling anybody, here at The Catholic Gift Shop we strongly advocate reading the Bible all day long!
Have you ever reached a point when you wanted to stop just reading the Bible, and begin studying the Bible? We’ve been there and tried to do that! Studying the Bible is completely different from reading it though. You could probably use some tips on exactly how to study the Bible, right? We found an awesome post that helps with this daunting task.
Alisha Gratehouse shared some useful tips on studying the Bible over on her blog.
You can check out here post here: http://alishagratehouse.com/how-to-study-the-bible/
Alisha’s tips include:
- Finding a version of the Bible that works for you. We sell print versions of the Catholic Bible here at The Catholic Gift Shop, but there are eReaders out there and also free Bible apps. Don’t let anything get in the way of you reading the Bible!
- She also recommends taking notes in your Bible. Don’t be afraid to write on the margins or highlight favorite passages. If it helps you understand it better, go for it!
- You can pray for help! Let God know you want to better understand his Word. He’ll help you out in His own way, He always does!
- Try applying passages to your life situation. You’d be surprised how much better you retain information when you apply it to what’s current in your life.
- Keep a “Scripture Notebook”! Break it into sections and file your favorite passages under them. Alisha’s recommendations were faith, love, peace, and healing.
We really think you should check out Alisha’s post because she had some really wonderful thoughts to share! There are plenty more where these came from. So what are you waiting for? Start studying the Bible today.